- Deepen youth understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Equip youth to make an "I" commitment to Christian Discipleship.
Information regarding confirmation is mailed to youth and their families in August of the summer between 8th and 9th grade. A meeting to share information about confirmation is held in September. Confirmation Sunday is always held on the first Sunday in May.
The main components of the confirmation process include:
- Mentor and Youth Meetings: Each confirmation youth is paired with an active adult member of the congregation. Mentors and youth communicate on a weekly basis, working on seminar session follow-up activities, prayer support, and other activities designed to expose youth to multiple dimensions of discipleship.
- Anchor Events: involve all confirmation youth, mentors, and confirmation coordinator in full-group experiences. These include the "kick-off" event, the retreat, and confirmation weekend activities.
- Seminar Sessions: Monthly seminars that youth attend with adult mentors. Topics for the seminars include the Bible, God, the Church, Spiritual Disciplines, and ministry.
- Service projects and experiences of the wider church: Youth work with mentors to fulfill requirements for service and wider church experiences.
Deepen the love we all have for God, others and self. It is a safe place where doubts and questions are always welcome.