Welcome to the weekly digital newsletter. Deadline for articles are Tuesdays 4 pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See information on Youth Newsletter, Children's Newsletter, and Adult Education.
Sharon United Methodist Church thanks those who helped with their bottle drive, they are 70% at their goal.
CASS Community Social Services Angel Tree
The tree is empty and soon hearts in Detroit will be full. Remember to bring your boots to church this Sunday December 15. They can be placed beneath the tree in the social hall any time between now and Sunday morning. The Boot Church knocks it out of the ‘Park’ again! Grateful to God for each and every one of you.
Sunday, December 15, 2019
- Adult Forum Study "Talking about Housing means Talking about Equity", 10:20 – 11:45 am; Facilitator: Jane Pacheco.
- Pageant Sunday at the 9 am worship
December 19, 7 pm – Longest Night Service
December 24 - All are welcome for Christmas Eve Worship
- 4 pm – Children’s Christmas Service - A service where the very young participate in telling the Christmas story and leading worship.
- 8 pm – Candlelight Service - A service where many of our young people share their gifts in word and music. Holy Communion and candlelight passed through the sanctuary. Appropriate for all ages.
- 10:30 pm – Lessons and Carols Service - A traditional service of light, love and beautiful Christmas music. Holy Communion and candlelight is passed through the sanctuary. Appropriate for all ages.
December 29, 2019 Morning Worship at 10 am
December 9 - 24
Reverse Advent Calendar
This time of year there are many Advent calendars that you can buy in stores that give you a little treat each day, such as chocolate, Legos, cheese, or little toys. This year the Children's Ministry Mission Team invite you to participate in a “reverse” Advent calendar, where instead of getting a treat each day you set aside an item to donate each day! You can bring in your collected items to a designated table in the Social Hall December 9 – 24.
On December 24 the items will be brought up to the altar during the Children’s Christmas Eve service and will be blessed. After Christmas the items will be donated to Faith in Action here in Chelsea. If you can’t give something each day, that’s okay! Whatever you are able to give will be greatly appreciated! If you would like a laminated calendar to mark off each day that you've donated an item or see the list of items, let me know! See Michelle King or email - Director of Children's Ministry.
- Community Breakfast 8 - 11 am. The church serves a full breakfast – with bacon, eggs, hash browns, waffles, oatmeal, applesauce, fruit, orange juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. A craft table is set up for children to enjoy as adults linger over their coffee. Invite your friends, neighbors and family to come and join us. Persons who might like to take part in cooking, or serving the breakfast can check the signupgenius: signupgenius.com/go/20f094ba8a87-community. Donations to help cover the costs of the meal and household products are accepted, but not necessary.
- Pageant Rehearsal 9 am
Here are some other links that you can find information on our website www.chelseaumc.org
Calendar, Concert Series, Music Opportunities
Online Giving, Sermons, Vital Church Ministry
Would you like to subscribe to Michigan Conference UMC MICONNECT Newsletter Click Here