Our Mission: Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
Our Vision: Ordinary people learning to love like Jesus
Welcome to the weekly digital newsletter. Deadline for articles are Wednesday 12 pm, email email@example.com. If you have questions about what is listed you can call the church office, 734-475-8119. View this email in your browser. For more information on Youth Newsletter, Children's Newsletter, and Adult Education
Sunday is Palm Sunday…and while we are not able to be together in person, we’d like to create a virtual way to “see” each other in a most unique “palm parade.”
Here’s what we ask of you: please send us a photo of yourself – with or without a palm. You may color and cut out the picture here https://bit.ly/2xKFFJu, craft something yourself, use a branch from outside, or skip the palm/branch.
Please send your image file (jpg, png, tif, etc.) as an attachment to Jon Van Hoek, firstname.lastname@example.org, or attach it to a text message to Jon at 248-930-6130. Please send photos no later than Friday, 8 pm. Jon will put them together in a slide show which we intend to share in worship Sunday. NO NAMES will be in the slide show, just pictures with music.
We look forward to seeing your faces in our Palm Sunday “parade.”
Disclaimer – this is our hope…we think it is realistic, but of course, these days nothing seems certain until it actual unfolds!
Sunday, April 5 Worship
APRIL 5 WORSHIP PLAN: Same as last Sunday: 10:00 am Facebook Live with Pastor Joy, click HERE. Followed by a pre-recorded Worship Service on YouTube, which will be posted with Joy's message. Both videos can be watched at your convenience! If you missed last Sunday's YouTube worship, you may view it HERE
PRAYERS - If you have prayer concerns you would like to share, please call the church office or email media@ chelseaumc.org.
Prayers for Comfort for:
* Norm Colby and family following the death of his brother, Joel *
Prayers for Healing for:
* Suzanne Garrett * Ruby Schreieck * Denise Frahm *
* Yvonne Mongeau * Melissa Lerg * Rae Taylor *
* Judy Radant * Elizabeth Hammer * Virginia McIntosh * Pat Pierce *
* Larry Martin * Rod Craig * Tom Daoust * Gene Miller *
* Suzanne Fraker’s daughter, Cynthia * Edith Myers *
* Gary Koch * Nick Nicols-Roehm * Kayla Schubert *
Prayers for Strength for:
* Sue and Rod Craig * All who are working the front lines in this medical crisis *
* Phil Heyman * Ciara working the front lines at Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak *
Prayers for all service personnel overseas, and especially for:
* Laura Heaney-Belair *
Contributions during this time with no in-person worship
Even though we do not have in-person worship at this time, your contribution is still vital to Chelsea First. Please consider one of the following options to make a contribution:
Thank you for your ongoing support of Chelsea First!
- Mail your contributions to 128 Park Street, Chelsea, Michigan 48118.
- Electronic Funds Transfer. An automatic withdrawal from your bank account. Contact Kristy at 475-8119 x15 or email@example.com to learn more about this option.
- Contact your bank to set up a monthly disbursement to Chelsea First.
- On-Line Giving is available on our website, www.chelseaumc.org. Click “On-Line Giving” and then “Donate”. The page will be redirected to Paypal to help you make your contribution.
Lenten Coin Challenge
Keep collecting your coins for the Lenten coin challenge! Even in these uncertain times, it is good to be reminded of how much we have and to give thanks for our blessings. Bring your coins in to donate when we resume worshiping together in person! Week 6 - A coin for every room in your house and/or for every television
Events or class that have been postponed or canceled
- April 5, Parenting Forward Discussion Group is postponed.
- Trivia Night April 17 at the Arctic Breakaway Restaurant has been canceled.
- Exploring Membership sessions, scheduled for March 21 3-6 pm and March 28 9 am-Noon, have been postponed. New dates will be arranged, but for now they are TBD.
- "on Being and Adult Forum have been postpone.
- Lenten studies have been canceled but you can visit our website weekly: http://www.chelseaumc.org/adults/opportunities.html, for a message from Edie Wiarda on what the study would have been based on for each week.
- April 11 Community Breakfast canceled.
- May 2 Concert Series “Light of Unity” has been postponed.
Here are some other links that you can find information on our website www.chelseaumc.org
Calendar, Concert Series, Music Opportunities
Online Giving, Sermons, Vital Church Ministry
Administrative Council news
Would you like to subscribe to Michigan Conference UMC MICONNECT Newsletter Click Here