Make A Joyful Sound!
This month we began a new musical opportunity and ministry at Chelsea FUMC – gathering music before the 11 a.m. service. We are inviting our church family of all ages to volunteer to play 10-12 minutes of solo or duet music on the instrument of your choice, such as piano, a string instrument, flute, saxophone, etc. This music offering will enhance the worship space as worshippers enter the sanctuary. Gathering music also allows another opportunity to offer your gifts and talents to God and our church family. For less experienced musicians, feel free to repeat a song a few times (this isn’t a concert!). If you have any questions, please connect with Diane Brown at email@example.com or 734-320-3668. To volunteer, call Diane or visit SignUp Genius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044ba8ac2ca5fa7-gathering
Our 2016-2017 Music Ministry is underway!
Ensemble Rehearsal Schedules:
Jubilee Ringers 6:15-7:15
Glory Chimes - Rehearsals will be on Sundays beginning February 26th at 10:30 am in Room 115
Praise Bells 8:30-8:55am
Random Ringers 10:30-11:00am (beginning 2/26/17)
Rezound Handbell Ensemble 12-1:30pm
Random Ringers 4pm-5pm (until 2/26/17)
- Glory Chimes - Pre-K - 2nd grade Glory Chimes to beginFebruary 26th! Our youngest ringing group is returning! If your preschool- 2nd grader would like to learn how to ring chimes, Mary Oesterle will be directing a chimes group for preschool - 2nd graders.
- Praise Bells is best suited for 3rd-5th grade beginning ringers and rehearses Sundays at 8:30-8:55am
- Random Ringers is ideal for 4-8th grade intermediate or older beginning ringers and rehearses Sundays from 4-5pm until 2/26/17. Starting 2/26/17 rehearal times will be 10:30-11:00am.
- Accidentals Handbell Ensemble is an advanced handbell ensemble for 7th-12th grade ringers and rehearses Sundays from 4-5:15pm.
- Jubilee Ringers is a beginner handbell group for adults and youth, that rehearses on Wednesdays from 6:15-7:15pm. This group will be taking a short hiatus and will *not* be rehearsing or playing in worship in December.
- Rezound Handbell Ensemble is an advanced handbell ensemble suited for ringers who want a challenge! This group rehearses on Sundays from 12-1:30pm.
- CFUMC Choir is a great fit for youth or adults, with any level of musical experience! The choir participates in worship most every Sunday and rehearses on Wednesday nights from 7:30-9pm.
Please email Mark Loring or April Murphy if you are interested in participating in one of these ensembles this year or if you have any questions pertaining to the music ministry. Also, if you have any other musical gifts or talents you would like to share (play an instrument or love to clean handbells!) please let us know!
Vocal Choirs CFUMC Choir: Rehearses on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00 p.m. The choir ... more
Handbells The Accidentals: Students in grades 6-12 may participate in Youth Bells. The ... more
Pre K - 5th Grades All children will learn and perform music as part of BLAST ... more
The Chelsea First United Methodist Community Concert Series is a FREE Community Concert ... more