Click for the weekly bulletin November 10, 2019 9 & 11am
Our nursery opens 15 minutes before worship and closes 15 mintues after the last worship service. Our nursery has a hired staff person and a volunteer who will spend time with your kids. The ages are from 0 up to 3yrs old.
Starting September 8, 2019 - May 17, 2020
Worship Series begining September 15 - October 20 - Risky Business
9:00 am Worship
Worship is a spirited-traditional and multi-generational worship experience. Piano and organ accompany congregational singing, and various musical ensembles also provide music for this service. Children and their parents are encouraged to come to worship every week and at 9:15 am children will be dismissed to attend children's programming. On the first Sunday of the month, children and parents will remain in worship for the entire service.
All are welcome to the social hall inbetween the two services for beverages and snack.
11:00 am Worship
Summer Worship Schedule (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
During the summer months we have one service at 9:30 am. The Summer BLAST (Boldy Learn And Serve Together)! program is held during this service.
Directions and parking
Chelsea First United Methodist Church is located in Southeastern Michigan, about 1 hour west of Detroit, and 15 minutes west of Ann Arbor. The Chelsea First United Methodist Church is located in the heart of downtown Chelsea at 128 Park Street, across from the Purple Rose Theater.
To get here:
East or West
- Take I-94 to the Chelsea/Manchester exit (#159)
- Head north on M-52, following the signs towards Chelsea.
- Continue on Main St. and you will arrive in downtown Chelsea in a matter of minutes.
- You will take a right onto Park Street.
- Take I-96 to exit 122
- Head south on M-52, follow signs for Stockbridge, then Chelsea, it is about 28 miles, you will follow M-52 all the way into Chelsea.
- You will take a left onto Park Street.
- Take M-50 east or west to M-52 north, follow signs for Manchester, then Chelsea, its about 22 miles, you will follow M-52 all the way into Chelsea.
- Turn right onto Park Street
Free parking is available in several municipal lots and on local streets around downtown Chelsea. One lot is right next to the church, another lot is across the street and down the hill next to the Purple Rose. There is also street parking available and a few other lots off of main street.