In lieu of in-person worship due to the current COVID-19 crisis, we are adding a "live" Sunday morning devotional option using Zoom, complete with a "virtual coffee hour," beginning at 10 am. This devotional time is not a complete worship service. We invite you to continue to access the excellently prepared pre-recorded worship on YouTube for the many elements of worship you look forward to. The advantage of the Zoom devotional time is the interactive opportunities, including time for conversation in small groups, using the "breakout rooms" feature. Please sign up for 10 am Sunday morning worship/devotional
time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f094ba8a87-live The Zoom link will be sent at 8 am Sunday mornings, so please sign up before that time.
Virtual (pre-recorded) weekly worship service goes “live” at 6 am Sunday mornings;
always available on Youtube click HERE
30 Days of Kindness
We are encouraging every child, teen, and adult, in our community to focus on demonstrating love and kindness! For the 30 days of November, we will share our theme of "Love Your Neighbor" with yard signs, random acts of kindness, and other ways to show love to our neighbors. You can pick your yard sign up at the church. Start showing your love with a yard sign, random acts of kindness, and then post positive messages on your social media! Be sure to tag Chelsea First UMC and use #loveyourneighbor! HERE for introduction, click HERE for a list of ideas.
Directions and parking
Chelsea First United Methodist Church is located in Southeastern Michigan, about 1 hour west of Detroit, and 15 minutes west of Ann Arbor. The Chelsea First United Methodist Church is located in the heart of downtown Chelsea at 128 Park Street, across from the Purple Rose Theater.
To get here:
East or West
- Take I-94 to the Chelsea/Manchester exit (#159)
- Head north on M-52, following the signs towards Chelsea.
- Continue on Main St. and you will arrive in downtown Chelsea in a matter of minutes.
- You will take a right onto Park Street.
- Take I-96 to exit 122
- Head south on M-52, follow signs for Stockbridge, then Chelsea, it is about 28 miles, you will follow M-52 all the way into Chelsea.
- You will take a left onto Park Street.
- Take M-50 east or west to M-52 north, follow signs for Manchester, then Chelsea, its about 22 miles, you will follow M-52 all the way into Chelsea.
- Turn right onto Park Street
Free parking is available in several municipal lots and on local streets around downtown Chelsea. One lot is right next to the church, another lot is across the street and down the hill next to the Purple Rose. There is also street parking available and a few other lots off of the Main street.